Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Poppins Challenge

One of the traditions of Second Life is the "Poppins Challenge". Those who take it go out, typically but not necessarily on their rez day, and ascend to a high altitude wearing nothing but a Mary Poppins style umbrella. Then they descend to earth, taking pictures or shooting video as they go.

It's my fifth rez day, and I decided I was long overdue for the challenge. So I went, as the song goes, way up in the middle of the air, and descended...
I leave a life behind me, I feel myself begin
I'm reaching out to keep you, falling farther in... --October Project

Wow... it was quite an experience.

I especially liked the effect of the "Rosemary and Bergamot" Windlight setting. The folks who don't like Windlight because of the effect on their skins have a point with some extreme settings, but OTOH the effect can be just the thing. The photo showing this is NSFW, so it goes after the break.

2 comments:

Kaseido said...

I'm so sorry I missed you today - and by minutes, apparently!

Happy rezday, and here's to many more.

Maggie Bluxome said...

OMG Happy Rez Day Melissa!