Monday, August 29, 2011

Hayley Spore

A few days ago I was notified that Hayley Spore had added me as a contact on flickr. I took a look at her profile and photostream, and was amazed... I felt as if I had discovered a sister I was separated from at birth!


Light & Shadows
Originally uploaded by Hayley Spore

So I reciprocated... and then looked her up in-world. We exchanged some IMs, and then became friends. We've since met, and have had fun exploring SL and taking pictures.


She says I'm the reason she signed up for Second Life, which makes me very happy and a little proud.

I guess others have noticed the resemblance, too--last night I had the curious experience of being thought to be someone's alt!

2 comments:

Hayley Spore said...

Did someone really think you were an alt?? That's too funny!

I had an odd experience too. Yesterday I showed a picture of you and I to a friend and she told me, "Hayley, next to Melissa you look like a child avatar, even with those bosoms!" I know I'm short, but I've never been called a child before!

Almost three years ago I stumbled on your blog, totally by accident. I don't even remember what I was looking for! Until then I'd never given any thought to Second Life, but after reading for a couple of weeks I was too intrigued not to sign up, and I'm glad I did. Paris was fun, I hope we do more of that together.

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

Yes... SL avatars are often way taller than RL people, though I think that's gradually changing. Alas, that means a lot of avatars of RL average height are falsely accused of portraying children.

Yes--someone thought I was your alt!