Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whimsy: where men are men...

...and hummingbirds are bullies.

No, really!

I set out from my home and headed up the stone path to the top of the hill, and there was a lovely area to look out over the beautiful Whimsy landscape. Seagulls wheeled overhead, and--oh, look, a ruby-throated hummingbird! It hovered, zipped about, hovered, wings a blur...

...and then it pushed me! Honest, it headed my way and shouldered me aside. I swear!

I stood there in disbelief, and then it happened again!

After I got over my astonishment, it started being funny. It's not like I was being hurt, and the incongruity of it made me giggle.

So--please come to Whimsy. It's breathtakingly beautiful, and the inventiveness of Cheyenne Palisades and Exuberance Lafleur, its creators, is endless.

But watch out for the hummingbirds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

With the way you began that post that was what sprang immediately to mind. lol. :)