Saturday, April 28, 2007

I become a tenant

"Home is where you hang your hat! I feel so break up, I wanna go home!"
--Lord John Whorfin, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension

Being homeless in SL is not a difficult thing. Certainly it's nowhere near the problem it is in real life. In SL, the weather is always good. Food and drink and shelter in SL are even more ephemeral than childhood tea parties and doll houses, rather than desperate necessities. With a little thought, you can change clothes in an order that leaves you decent throughout.

That said, humans have a wired-in need for a home. It's a place to relax and to entertain and to be intimate (if one is so inclined), and even in SL, it's nice to have a place to change clothes.

At the moment, though, I can't afford the membership needed to own property in SL, much less property taxes.

In steps my dear friend, Cheyenne Palisades, who, as she describes in her blog, has decided to rent portions of the land she owns on the Forsaken sim. One of those places has proved wonderful for my limited needs (one can be a pack rat in SL with far fewer bad side effects!) and affordable, and thus I am now a tenant.

I'll be taking some pictures of it now that it's furnished (SL moves faster than me making blog entries!), but for now, here's a shot of it from outside, taken before the jukebox was moved to the top level.

No comments: