Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Girl Who Would Be Gibson

It's turning out that the shape is not hard to come by. The hair, OTOH, is.

Shape

(Quoted text is from the Wikipedia "Gibson girl" article.)
The Gibson Girl was tall, slender yet with ample bosom, hips and bottom in the S-curve torso shape achieved by wearing a swan-bill corset; she was fine-featured, and achingly beautiful.
OK, that last bit is subjective, and I definitely need a bustle to be ample in some respects, but I think we're getting there, comparing this photo


with this photo of Camille Clifford, who Wikipedia says was probably "the most famous Gibson girl":


Hair, OTOH, is proving more difficult. There are "updos" to be found in SL, but so far I've found nothing that is anywhere near the "big hair" of the Gibson girl. I dare say that Victorian hair is an unfilled niche in Caledon.

1 comment:

Mordecai Scaggs said...

Darling, you most definitely ARE achingly, nay heart-breakingly beautiful. You have the fine features, the swan neck, the ample bosom (even without your prim attachments), the slender waist, tall, wonderful hips etc etc.
I am steadfast and immovable in my opinion that you are anyway the essence of the Gisbson Girl, much more so than Camille.
You are to me, anyway, but whilst my opinion is nothing much, I am sure that very many other people find you so as well. If only you could see it yourself :)