Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Return to ElvenDEEP

I couldn't resist TIGGS Beaumont's gracious invitation to explore ElvenDEEP further, so I went back to explore underwater this time, and it was a delight.

I wasn't really dressed to go underwater, but I took the plunge anyway; in SL you needn't worry about breathing, and your clothes never get wet. After walking through the rapids, there I was. The fish are gorgeous:


...and you can swim past other amazing things as well, like this giant oyster:


I will definitely be back to see what else awaits. Thank you so much, TIGGS Beaumont, and thank you as well to Bear Fangio, the creator of the wonder that is ElvenDEEP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN TOO GET WET IN SL!! And catch on fire also, much to my surprise. The name of the sim where I got soaked eludes me but the one where I caught fire will remain burned in my memory. Not because of the flame but because it's a nice place and worth a look.

There is a fortress in Aglarond that is a medieval castle complete with drawbridges, portcullis, dungeons, towers, and all the comforts of home. I found a signal fire burning at the top of one of the towers. As I wandered around atop the tower my cloak apparently crossed the fire and I saw a message at the bottom of my screen:

You have caught fire and are burning.

And yes my cloak was in fact burning, flames and smoke clearly visible from the trailing edge of the fabric. I moved away from the fire and changed the camera view to confirm that the cloak was definitely on fire. Wow. And the message at the bottom of the screen kept reminding me of that fact.


The first thought was stop, drop, and roll, just like they taught us in school. Except I don't have the animation for that. So I detached the cloak. When I put it on again the flames had vanished along with the message at the bottom of the screen.

Henceforth I shall keep a respectful distance from open flames in SL. And stay off the ice in the winter.

Anonymous said...

heh Susyn is correct.. I am so pleased you are enjoying yoru ventures to the DEEP, more awaits, as Bear has returned my loved dragonsKEEP to the build as wekk. Do stop in, enjoy the baths, the wonder of SL sunsets, and so much more. Holler if you need a tour.

HUGGGGGGGGGggs to Susyn

TIGGS