Sunday, January 25, 2009

Decisions, decisions...

The kerfuffle over LL's acquisition of XStreetSL and OnRez has had one happy consequence for me--I discovered the XStreetSL forums. Or perhaps I rediscovered them; when I tried to sign up, I found that I'd already done so and forgotten about it! (So if I'm any indication, perhaps the prim-and-mortar stores have little to fear...)

I found the "Wanted" forum, and posted a request for something that, looking back, I'd been after since December 2007, for heaven's sake: an extreme corset that uses transparency to shrink one's waist past the limits of the stock SL avatar. (May I refer the Gentle Reader once again to VWR-1258? It's not just about breasts...)

Zot! In well under a day, I received many responses, and now I know about the wonderful products of KaS Designs, P.S.Y.C.H.O, and the House of Alisha--and a quick overview of how to do it myself.

The KaS Designs corset emulates the RL process of gradual shrinkage. Alisha's outfit lets one shrink one's waistline down to as little as one inch, or 2.54 cm for those using rational systems of measurement, with a few clicks. (It also is far more than just a corset.) All are beautifully wrought (and P.S.Y.C.H.O. has multiple styles, some on the scary side).

Of course, sufficiently large prim breasts get in the way of the effect, so I won't be emulating Mlle. Polaire every day... but it's a joy to have the option. Thank you to everyone who responded to my query, and especially thank you to those who make such fine products. (Not to mention that as a great side effect, I found out about Alisha's gorgeous historical clothing.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.