Friday, January 09, 2009

Kali Isle

I saw a mention of photography at Kali Isle, and had to go see.

I found a lovely sim with excellent landscaping and architecture and things to buy... and also found a "photo garden" populated with "photospheres" (OK, really hemispheres, but who's counting?) in which one can pose and modify various things, e.g. the background.

I had to try it out... and when I saw one with a dance pole, I succumbed to temptation. I am not a dancer, but as an RL klutz, the way one can gracefully dance just by "sitting on" a poseball is very appealing.


Yes, I should have worn something contrasting with the background or changed the background to contrast with the black dress, but the "flame" background was so lovely...

I suspect that Kali Isle is famous in SL; there are 32 flickr photos matching "Kali Isle". But if you haven't been there, do check it out. (And donate, too.)

1 comment:

Rich Stadler said...

Melissa!

I found this place by SHEER RANDOMNESS, so I thought I'd mention it to you.

I happened to be flying past this place (Kali Isle) one day only about a week ago, on my way to somewhere else, and I looked down and wondered, "what the heck is that garden of orbs?" It reminded me of 'The Body Snatchers', or something like that.

I swooped down and saw other peeps hanging out inside these orbs, and it slowly dawned on me that they were enjoying some posing and picture-taking. I got in one of the orbs...more than one, actually, then moved on, but I remember finding it most curious.

Just thought I'd tell you about my spontaneous experience there!