Friday, December 29, 2006

Sigh...


Cheyenne Palisades, a wonderful friend and lady (in the Platonic heaven, the archetype for "class" is missing...), said many wonderful things about me in a recent entry in her blog. Among them was...
She dresses elegantly but modestly... I’ve never seen her in the skimpy outfits so many female avs seem so fond of.
Then yesterday happened... I was (once again...) shopping, and happened across a couple new to SL. I mentioned the ongoing (not for long; it's been extended to January 1st) 50L sale at Pixel Dolls, and offered to TP there and then offer them a TP in turn. They accepted, the TPs took place, and after a bit of conversation I begged my leave, so they weren't bothered further by me (and nudged them to check out all three floors). Then I looked over and saw The Outfit. PixelMuse Metalily Sunset, all purple and gold, with gold filigree that looks like it's part of your body when you have it on, and showing rather a lot of skin above the waist.. It was only 50L... and I was entranced. I succumbed.


Later I signed on, and Cheyenne was on, too, checking out a wicked-looking shape-shifting transportation device by the !Meta Group. She was nice enough to offer me a TP to take a look...

...and in mid-TP I realized I had on The Outfit, and thought back to that blog entry. Oh, dear. I told her that I was about to disillusion her.

She only ribbed me about it a little. :) (Told you she's wonderful.)

So, here's Attack of the Fifty-Foot Melissa, Part N+1, taken at Digeridoo Designs while waiting (double sigh...) for the main grid to come back, in Metalily Sunset. Am I at least skimpily dressed in a ladylike way?

2 comments:

Mordecai Scaggs said...

You have entitled this post perfectly, beloved - for "Sigh....." is exactly what I did when I first saw you in that outfit the other night, and again when I saw this post. Skimpy is completely the wrong word to use when discussing you wearing such an outfit. As you say, it looks in places as if it is actually part of you, so one could call it "organic" I suppose, but really words like "ethereal" or "diaphonous", even "sculptural", containing the connotations of body shape, and muscle tone, are the words I would apply to those outfits when you wear them. They contain the right amount of classical allusion to the ideal of Beauty, the suggestion of artistic excellence, and a good hint of sensuality, charged with a soupcon of erotic promise. Not skimpy at all really! And o so achingly beautiful you do look, basking in a MetalLily Sunset.

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

Thank you for the lovely compliments, dear.