Thursday, December 28, 2006

Civilized Snow


In Watership Down, Richard Adams notes in passing that people say they like winter, but what they really mean is that they enjoy feeling proof against it.

As a child, I loved snow. Age and having to be somewhere despite snow have tempered my attitude towards it. I like looking at it but not having to be out in it, with a few exceptions (namely those rare occasions when snow falls in a dead calm, so that your coat is covered in perfect little panes of ice and the space beneath traffic lights, and, if you're very lucky, atop spotlights/searchlights, becomes a light show
).

So, this is one occasion where SL's deviation from authenticity is a pleasant thing. In the photo, I'm admiring the winter scene at the very end of sunset outside near the Stardust Ballroom.

2 comments:

Natalia Zelmanov said...

Melissa, I do love all the snow effects this time of year. It even makes you feel colder :)

BTW, that gown looks beautiful on you. Especially the sheer wrap! :)

Aimee said...

Hi Melissa!
You do look lovely. And I enjoy the snow in SL a lot more as well!