Friday, May 20, 2011

Wishing for Detachment

People often discuss "detachment" in the context of Buddhism. I was trying very hard to practice detachment today, but Second Life wouldn't let me.

OK, it wasn't the Buddhist sort of detachment, though it was detachment from things--in particular, jewelry and prim skirt components. In total, I detached a whole set of Indian jewelry and a prim skirt close to a dozen times before I gave up and signed off.

Searching on the Firestorm JIRA shows that it's a known problem, it's in the server code, and LL is working to fix it. I hope it's corrected soon. I'd like to maintain my detachment.

UPDATE: I suppose I got my wish. Now my avatar just doesn't rez. Last time this happened it was days before I could see myself.

UPDATE: I don't know whether it had anything to do with it, but I signed on with Kirsten's--which grabbed a lot of RAM and slowed to a crawl as usual, but before it did my avatar did at least rez. I can get back on with Firestorm now, whatever the cause.

No comments: