Friday, May 09, 2008

I'd buy it, but I can't

PixelDolls does lovely work; here is a set of brocade halter tops in various colors that they sell... sort of.


The thing is that you can't buy them. I've tried. They cost L$100 each, but if you click on the vendor and select "Pay", you are presented with the choice of canceling or of paying L$200. If you choose to pay, the L$ are returned to you and you're told that the price is L$100.

If you've managed to buy one of these, please let me know how. Thanks.

UPDATE: Before that post, I'd followed the instructions and both IM-ed and notecarded the person Nephilaine Protagonist's profile said to IM, to no avail. Now I've IM-ed Ms. Protagonist, and I guess we'll see what happens.

4 comments:

Lars Shalom said...

send them up to heaven!!

Tiessa said...

Did you try IMing/notecarding the owner about it? I think she'd like to know if they aren't saleable. Sometimes when I've done this, sellers have given me gratis copies because I helped them out :)

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

Yes. Nephilaine Protagonist, the designer, mentions a person as the one to IM or notecard, and I've done both, with no response. Perhaps the next step is to notify the designer herself.

Anonymous said...

They're not very good at responding to customers when contacted. A few months ago, I tried to get a replacement for something I bought that didn't arrive (a quarter of it arrived, the rest didn't), and never got a replacement nor a reply.

Pity about the tops, they aren't on OnRez either. I checked :(