Friday, May 02, 2008

"Holy cow, 7500?"

Yup, 7500. Jewelry was a significant hunk of it, but the real killer was this dress:


It's a beautiful dress, and wearing it is sheer bliss, but skirt attachments run the ARC way up, so I will, as the stupid old Hai Karate commercials put it, "be careful how I use it."

I think I'll go through my inventory and take pictures showing a range of ARCs, so I can get an idea of what I can get away with in various situations, and then post the results. I can keep well under 400 while still having simple earrings, nice shoes (Aphrodite Creations; she does very good work indeed!), and hair I really like (the hair in the photo)... or I can load up on the bling. I'll give the fairy wings and multi-colored particle emitters for hands and feet a try, to see what happens!

I'm hoping that this will cause clothing and attachment makers to tell us what putting their wares on does to one's ARC. More information is always good, and it will encourage them to achieve their results as economically as possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful dress though. :)

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

Thank you... it is wonderful indeed, but I guess I will save it for special occasions.

Lillie Yifu said...

Or for the right places. I think we are going to see more conscious elegance in design of places for avatars rather than the build.

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

I think you're right... though I'm hoping that there will still be some magnificent builds that can support elegantly-dressed avatars.