Monday, May 28, 2007

"The beautiful, shiny button? The jolly, candy-like button? Will she hold out, folks? Can she hold out?"

NO, I CAN'T!

So, I read about Cheyenne's experiences at the "space station thingie" and of course, I had to try it out.

I got similar results. (The button's legend promised chaos... but repeated pressing didn't change very much.)

I saved my shape post-button push for later study, and headed back home. Once there, I noticed some things:
  • My torso appeared about as tall as my whole body used to be
  • Lag was awfully bad
Those two in combination reminded me of this entry in Electric Venus. The button must be scripted... could it be making some of the changes that the author in Electric Venus won't mention? I think I will ask the button's creator.

P.S. The effect goes away if you log off and log back in. It would also be interesting to know whether other people see the same thing you see after pushing the button.

UPDATE: Thanks to help from a friend, I can say that other people do see the change in your shape after you push the button; also, whatever it is that does the distortion is not saved as part of saving the shape. Whatever is happening, it doesn't affect the slider settings.

No comments: