Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Plea for a podcast episode

I don't know what made me think of it, but... I have lost track of the episodes of The Goddess and Banana that I downloaded back when I had an iPod. It ended a few years ago, alas, and those of you who didn't get a chance to hear it missed out on a truly wonderful thing. There are about thirty epsiodes that I've found that are on iTunes, but they all appear to be from 2007, just after a particular one I'm interested in, which was their Christmas episode of 2006.

It was a set of Christmas songs prefaced by a short intro from Yxes, but what a set! If memory serves it started out with "Watchstar" by 3 Blind Mice, went by way of the hilarious "Fistful of We Three Kings", and through a beautiful track by Matthew Ebel. And now I can't find it.

UPDATE: It was Gomem Desoto who had "Fistful of We Three Kings" close a holiday show of his. My mistake.

Anyone who knows where it may still live on the web, or who even has the song list, I'd be forever in your debt if you could send a URL or the list to me. Thanks.

UPDATE: The lovely and kind Vognod Maximus pointed me at the ever-useful Internet Wayback Machine. As I type, I'm still not sure I can get to the MP3 file, but the saved page does list the tracks. Thank you, Vognod.

UPDATE: Matthew Ebel's "Walk a Thousand Miles" can be heard on his Myspace page. Give it, and him, a listen; he's really good.

No comments: