Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Smarter?

Kaseido Quandry sent me a link to an interesting article. (Thank you, Kaseido!)

We all know the stereotype of the stupid well-endowed woman... but here's an article about an interesting study. "A study by a Chicago university sociologist of 1,200 women found that large-breasted women tend to have higher intelligence."
(I presume the author meant to write "A study of 1,200 women by a Chicago university sociologist..." or "A Chicago university sociologist's study of 1,200 women...")

The article is from March, 2011. The study itself was done in 2003, as one of the article's linked sources show--which makes me wonder, did it get much publicity back then? I guess word did get out; there's a page from 2004 mentioning it.

Alas, I've yet to find a link to the paper I expect the sociologist wrote... and of course, all that's claimed is a tendency, and independent confirmation would be nice. (For that matter, none of the articles mention whether the test included women who had plastic surgery.) That said, it's nice to have some data contrary to the stereotype.

No comments: