Monday, March 26, 2012

Back to Abnormal



Alas, the current Niran's viewer didn't seem to activate the mesh deformer alpha code, so I went back to my gangly, pale-skinned non-mesh avatar self. I will give Exodus a shot tonight or tomorrow, and see what happens to the mesh avatar when I twist the non-skeletal knobs (not to mention that I will get a pale skin suitable for the mesh avatar as well). Eventually we'll get that darned chrysalis open... though we'll have to see whether there will be a wide selection of clothing.

(Despite that issue, which isn't crucial at the moment, and despite Niran's viewer still having the problem of weird half-planes of differing intensity on high-res photos, I have to say I'm very impressed with Niran's client's performance, even with a bunch of graphics knobs cranked. Give it a try.)

I have to admit to feeling some relief. Eventually I will have a mesh avatar that is "an engine fit for my proceeding", to borrow a phrase from Ordinal Malaprop's wonderful, though sadly now inactive, blog. Until then, though, I'll feel a little weird with it. That's just me, though; to me an avatar isn't like a suit to put on or take off. Your mileage may vary, and I am in awe of the work of mesh avatar makers.

No comments: