Thursday, March 19, 2009

Am I PG?


Not according to the people I met in the Gossip Girl sims. Wearing an opaque, long-sleeved turtleneck sweater and jeans while well-endowed was, according to them, lewd--in a place where blatant BDSM gear was on sale with, as far as I can tell, the complete approval of the people managing the sims.

So now, LL has announced that it will segregate "adult" content to its own continent, where the meaning of "adult" is yet to be specified but supposedly only covers a few percent of current SL content. The status of skin sellers is one concern, and apparently one must censor one's own profile and picks to conform to PG standards. (Jeska Linden, in the SL Forums: "...as I mentioned (and per our Community Standards) any content displayed within your profile (including picks) should confirm to the overall PG standards.")

This concerns me. I hope you'll take the time to express your opinion in the forum threads (now thread) dedicated to the issues.

UPDATE: TINYDANCING has a hilarious takeoff on LL's announcement. (At least I hope it's a takeoff...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... 1ong-sleeved turtleneck sweater and jeans while well-endowed ...

+1 for hyperbolic understatement.