Saturday, March 14, 2009

"It's not that easy being green..."

Actually, it really isn't--not when you're surrounded by things that are greener still.

(Now I've done it--I have that damned folk song in my head, complete with the irritating guitar run in the chorus.)

It's just-spring, or at least it will be in a week, and I really, really wanted to get away from the cold weather that held sway earlier this week in Iowa, so I went into SL.. and happened across an outfit that, while the collar could use work, was bright and all white and that yellowish green that the leaves are when they first appear, and so I bought it and put it on, along with Aphrodite's lime colored Vintish heels. It cheered me up.

A little later, word came from Frick of a charming free green skin they were (and I think still are) offering. On it went, and I pulled out the green Bonita hair from an all colors pack I got long ago as well. Green, hmmm... yes. Chakryn Forest, standing in one of the lovely beams of sunlight falling through the leaves, and...


I was reminded of the first time I saw Key limes. "Hey, those aren't green!" Just goes to show the importance of context, I guess.

No comments: