Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Priority inversion

In the context of parallel programming, a priority inversion occurs when a low-priority task gets its paws on a resource that a higher priority task needs. The results can vary from irritating to catastrophic.

If Tateru Nino's recent post in Massively is correct, I fear that LL has fallen afoul of a priority inversion; it's decided to give precedence to implementing the controversial "Adults Only"... one can't call it a proposal, can one? LL has decided to do it, though they are at least going through the motions of wanting resident feedback. I wish I didn't believe it.

3 comments:

MonkZy said...

Yup, it all makes no sense..under 18's are by the TOS 'locked out'..we know they get in, but SL is presented as an 18+ entertainment. I suppose it will aid the prudent, but hinder the openly adult avatars. Would make more sense if they were heading for an 'open to all ages' grid.

MonkZy said...

This is my first visit..bookmarked now, great blog, good reading..love your huge boobs. XD

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

Thank you! I'm glad you like it, um, them, um... :)