Sunday, November 16, 2008

Giant Avatar Update

It's not as easy as I'd thought to find the "neutral" pose (standing up, legs together, arms straight out, fingers spread) that the method requires. The pose stands I have and have tracked down all have the arms at 45 degrees.

I've stumbled through qavimator without much success... but I believe Natalia is coming to the rescue as ever, with her tutorial on using avimator (the Windows version; qavimator is written to use the Qt package and hence I can use it on Linux--since there's a Windows version of Qt, I think it could be compiled for Windows, too). Especially important for my purpose is her noting how to be sure that the avatar stays in the final position rather than making breathing motions and shifting about as one does in RL.

So, armed with this information, I'm off to fire up qavimator again, this time hoping for success. Wish me luck.

No comments: