Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Bellissima!

First, an apology to Elle74 Zaftig: I thought I could take some photos quickly for this, but it will take some editing, either of myself or of the outfit. I promise I will get the photos taken and posted.

If you want to be notified of a LOT of things going on in the fashion world of SL, join the Fashion Consolidated group. This morning, word went out about Bellissima, and I went to look. Elle74 Zaftig, the courteous and friendly designer and owner, was there to greet customers, and after saying "Hi" I went looking...

...and was very impressed. At Bellissima you will find gowns (wedding and otherwise), modern and period dress, shoes, men's clothing, and something I've not seen before in SL: kilts!

Several outfits with kilts are available: the Prince Charlie (which is appropriately bonnie), the Piper (with Black Watch tartan, of course), a "Fashion" kilt outfit, and even a Santa outfit with a kilt! The wall with these outfits shows twenty-six clan tartans, and for a modest fee, if you have an image of a tartan, you can commission a kilt using it.

The "Fashion" kilt outfit doesn't have some of the things the other outfits have (e.g. shirt and pants, if memory serves). The other outfits are quite complete, though, up to and including the lovely woolen socks you see people wear with kilts, and a sporran. (Ghillies are sold separately.)

(Speaking of the sporran--I will take pictures of myself in the outfit, but I will not wear the sporran. My understanding is that the sporran is a "guy thing"; the book I read this from, if I remember rightly, characterized a woman wearing a sporran as "an affront to the Gael".)

The outfit is so lovely that I do not wish to do it injustice, so I will wait until I have the time to adjust it to my avatar properly, probably this weekend. Then I'm off to find a suitable spot in SL. Watch this space, and in the meantime, head high above the sim of Winchester to Bellissima, and take a look.

(Sigh... the wonderful "Scots on the Wab" site has headed to the land of 404, so, take a look at "Scots Online" (subtitled "Pittin the Mither Tongue on the Wab!")

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my, but anyway sounds interesting...Bellissima Clothing