Thursday, November 13, 2008

Giant Avatar Tutorial

Haven't you heard? Banzai and Hikita have DONE IT!
--Lord John Whorfin, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension
Yay! Zephyrin Raymaker has figured it out, and has a tutorial on his blog. I salute his determination and skill.

So... I will set out to replicate this method, and share the results with you. Whee!

P.S. Double whee! The method will enlarge prim attachments as well as the avatar, so prim hair, prim breasts, and prim shoes should all just work, subject to the 10 meter limit (unless I can find some made with megaprims...). I sincerely hope that animations will work, so I can have a nice walk, too.

Mr. Raymaker, if you read this, please know that I am forever in your debt!

P.S. Now to look for megaprims to make the stretching device from... :)

P.P.S. Now I really want the version of the client that does real shadows...

UPDATE: It's a confirmed hoax. I apologize for propagating such a contemptible action.

No comments: