Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kids5B

The child avatars of SL have set up their own area in celebration of SL's fifth birthday. I got to see some of it today, and will go back to explore further. (Charlanna Beresford has the SLURL on her listing of SL5B events on New World Notes.)

The area covers two sims; I started down the yellow brick road in Alton Icarus, and when I return I will take the train that tours the entire area.

What I saw was a brightly-colored, fun place with giant crayons, toy soldiers, and a rocking horse and carousel to ride. There was a performance area with dance poseballs, and a list of the performers scheduled for the area.

The most touching spot was one with a gallery of photos of child avatars that one could click on and receive notecards in which they described their experiences.

LL has seen fit to choose what goes into the official SL5B based on what people setting out to put the worst possible spin on things might say. I submit that that is a huge mistake, and I hope you'll visit Kids5B.

P.S. Many thanks to sven, whose last name, alas, I have forgotten, for help and conversation, and to Cutie and... darn my short-term memory!... the other young lady with whom I talked while there.

2 comments:

Walt Faulds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walt Faulds said...

Ty for your nice description of Kids5B. The region is still open to visit.

The last name of Sven is Homewood.

Best regards.

Walt Faulds