Sunday, November 25, 2007

Measurements

Wilhelmina Yoshikawa's blog has a very good entry about body proportion... though I fear my avatar serves as a bad example of the things she discusses.

One thing she did that I wish I'd known about earlier is to officially propose that the height slider should display the SL height that corresponds to its position, not 0-100. Under the old scheme, it was proposition 2133... but since a search of JIRA turned up nothing like it, I have entered VWR-3441, "Display virtual measurements for avatars when sliders affectng those measurements are being adjusted."

Whatever one's inclination about body size and shape, it would be very helpful to see the "actual" values for height, bust, waist, hips, etc. rather than a 0-100 slider value, or at least in addition to it.... so in addition to the other JIRA proposals I've made, I hope you'll consider voting for VWR-3441.

UPDATE: It turns out that I didn't search well enough; VWR-1094 effectively asks for the same thing. So, I've marked my entry as a duplicate and closed it. Please vote for VWR-1094 if you voted for VWR-3441... thanks.

No comments: