Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kirsten's viewer for Linux

Many thanks to Athy for pointing out in a comment that KirstenLee Cinquetti is once again making a version of her SL client for Linux.

I've given it a short trial run, and... I like it, but I'll have to read the instructions to find out how to make go away what in LL's 2.0 client has a little >> thing to click on to make go away--and after reading about how this client has solved the problems that shadows (aka deferred rendering) have had in the past, it's kind of frustrating to find that, after twisting all the knobs to turn shadows on, they doggedly refused to appear for me.

UPDATE: I found the sequence to close the sidebar. Unfortunately, if an IM window is also open, it makes it go away too.

UPDATE: I managed to miss something, I guess--shadows are now enabled, and I can see my eyes, so Kirsten's managed to do something that has escaped LL. So... back to photography, thank goodness. I have photos to do for Pectoral Virtual Fashion articles.

No comments: