Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Second Life 2.0 beta

I want to give it a while, so I give it a fair shake... but so far:
  • It's pretty.
  • PHOTOGRAPHS WORK WITH SHADOWS TURNED ON! (Next time I'll determine whether they've fixed the flickering alpha textures with shadows on bug.)
  • "/me [predicate]" in IMs doesn't look right; it doesn't display as a contiguous sentence.
  • After tens of minutes online, neither my eyes nor my prim breasts ever rezzed.
  • I still don't know how to do things. That will just take time.
I have hopes for it... but perhaps I'll just wait for Emerald to adopt it as a base and get the familiar interface and the shadows fix (fixes, I hope!).

UPDATE: Yes, I think it's fixed the flickering alpha textures, but the dueling alpha textures problem is still there... and while my prim breasts have finally shown up, my eyes haven't.

No comments: