Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Kissed a Linden

"...for the first time/I kissed a Linden/and I may do it again..."

Apologies to Jill Sobule, and it was a hug, really, but it was a wonderful start to Valentine's Day to visit Isle of View [pause to remember the great Jimmie Spheeris].

It's a charming place, all hearts and flowers and a giant Cupid statue at the center:


People were gathered there... many of the Mentors and volunteers who do so much for SL--and suddenly, there was Cupid Linden! There were "Hug a Volunteer" and "Hug a Linden" signs and poseballs, and I couldn't resist.



I met many wonderful people, and a wonderful bear and cheerfully ravenous little alligator riding a pink, red, and white snail carrying a sign whose text I should have written down, but which I think said "Send more tourists--they're delicious!" Michael Flatley should watch out; the little 'gator was quite the Irish stepdancer!

I know what it is to hate the coming of Valentine's Day because it rubs one's nose in one's lack of romance... but I wish you all a wonderful day.

No comments: