Sunday, February 15, 2009

Enticement

Back when I started in Second Life (Oh, dear... I've turned into my parents with tales of "back when..."), if you wished to express your opinion, you used the facilities that existed for First Life as well: Blogger, Wordpress, etc.

Now there are social web sites for SL residents, for example Snapzilla, SLProfiles, and Second Avatar--but if you've spent time and effort developing a name and audience elsewhere, is it wise to divide your attention?

Well, Second Avatar has some enticement for residents to post photos and make blog entries: they offer to pay you for it.

I have put too much into this blog to abandon it, and the limits Second Avatar puts on image size are much stricter than Blogger or flickr. OTOH, I do feel a bit guilty about having set up an account at Second Avatar and having let it sit for so long, so I will start posting a little bit there.

UPDATE: You're absolutely right, Anonymous. You can find my Second Avatar page here.

UPDATE: This just isn't my day. The above link is only accessible to those who have a Second Avatar account and are logged in. I'm still trying to figure out what link I can give that the general public can access without having to sign up. Right now I'm not sure whether there is one.

UPDATE: The Web Site Formerly Known As SLProfiles is now ProfileSLive.

ONE MORE: OK, let's try this for a link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance for a posting of said account's URL?

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!