Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Shall I compare thee to a winter's day?

Interrogator In the first line of your sonnet which reads 'Shall I compare thee to a summer's day', would not 'a spring day' do as well or better?

Computer It wouldn't scan.

Interrogator How about 'a winter's day'? That would scan all right.

Computer
Yes, but nobody wants to be compared to a winter's day.

Interrogator Would you say Mr. Pickwick reminded you of Christmas?

Computer In a way.

Interrogator Yet Christmas is a winter's day, and I do not think Mr Pickwick would mind the comparison.

Computer I don't think you're serious. By a winter's day one means a typical winter's day, rather than a special one like Christmas.

We've had our special winter's day... so now I'm in cabin fever, "WHEN THE [EXPLETIVE] IS SPRING COMING?!" mode. I don't think I could live any further north than Iowa. Fortunately, there's SL, so at minimal cost I can at least feel a little like spring is here, if only in my head...


Thank goodness for Windlight, thank goodness for Apollo, and thank goodness for SL.

P.S. Sigh... antialiasing is my friend. Sorry about that.

No comments: