Monday, January 07, 2008

Modesty revisited

I guess it's still nagging at me. Perhaps I should go back incognito and take pictures of the low-cut tops and shorts that were for sale in the store where I was asked to change my appearance in the interest of being "PG" to show alongside a photo of me clothed as I was.

(I note in passing that one standard way to hide the "figure flaw" of a large bust, wearing a jacket and leaving it unbuttoned so the vertical lines distract the eye, can't be done in SL because of the way clothing is painted on the avatar.)

Again, the sim owners have the right to run things as they will... but they should expect to be called on hypocrisy. In RL, would they tell a potential customer to only come back after getting plastic surgery? How about an SL resident who is trying to match her RL appearance, but can't with stock avatar settings? (That's what induced Snakekiss Noir to create Prop 125 under the old Feature Proposal system, which is now VWR-1258. Please consider voting for it if you haven't already done so.)

No comments: