Sunday, August 05, 2007

Video

There's a new SL client out... it teases Linux users by dangling voice configuration before them, but Vivox still hasn't written the required code to support it. (One would hope this gives LL a hint about the advisability of counting on proprietary software, but... we'll see, I guess.)

One thing it does support for Linux is video... and ironically, after all the times I've found myself unable to watch the video that everyone else is watching and presumably enjoying, I was having a hard time finding something to test it on! (Well, I probably could have gone to all the places advertising X-rated video, but decided against it.) Cheyenne came to the rescue, and I was able to successfully watch a very educational video Torley Linden created showing photography tips and tricks for SL in world! Whee!

No comments: