Saturday, July 20, 2013

flickr and other changes

I've been as remiss with flickr as with my blog, so I went looking. Wow... it has changed! A lot of the limits on free accounts have gone away, but there are still things only a Pro user can do. Details are here.

The thing that amazes me, though, is what they've done to the display of one's photostream. Now, instead of a vertical list of a few images with text, it's more like a photo album. I was blown away. It certainly makes one's photos look more impressive--here's my photostream now; check it out.

With that many more images visible, and with a little scrolling, I happened across a photo I took of Kaseido Quandry, and with that I realized how long it had been since I checked Kaseido's typist's blog. Had her typist made it successfully through writing and defending a dissertation?

The answer to that last question, I am happy to say, is "yes", but alas, what little of the blog survives exists, without images and without comments on posts, in the Internet Wayback Machine.

So long, Kaseido.

1 comment:

Kaseido said...

Mel!

You've been on my mind quite a lot lately - I'm just back from a talk at Oxford on the busty community.

Sounds like we both haven't been around in a while. I may drop in on the SL education conference this week, and there's nothing I'd like more than to catch up with you. Drop me a line!