Tuesday, October 07, 2008

An honor...

When I started putting up photos on flickr, they often got hundreds of views; one or two actually topped the thousand mark. Nowadays, though, I count myself lucky if the view count approaches one hundred.

Perhaps it's the categorization--one now tags one's photos as screenshots, "computer graphics", or photographs, and I have to wonder whether there are a lot of people who just want to see images where actual photons were involved at some point. Perhaps my pictures are boring and repetitive. (Perhaps I'm boring and repetitive...)

So, it's even more special when people I respect mark one of my photos as a favorite. The wonderful Vint Falken so honored the photo I took for Hair Fair 2008, and this morning I was astonished to find that Torley Linden had done so as well.

*blush*... Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an astonishing photograph!

Shockwave Plasma said...

I think it's now that we have so many people posting to Flickr, it seem there is to much to look at.

I remeber seeing your photos long ago, but I just don't have the time to go through the groups, and there are just so many