Friday, September 05, 2008

Just another day

Slipping into stockings,
Stepping into shoes,
Dipping in the pocket of her raincoat, ah,
It's just another day. --Sir Paul McCartney
I read Cheyenne Palisades's blog just now, and realized: good heavens, my second rez day went by, and I didn't even notice.

It's probably because once you accumulate enough RL birthdays, you'd rather not think about them; it's just another reminder of one's eventual breakdown and death, as if we needed one. (So hurry up with the Singularity, already!) Besides, RL is pretty hectic these days.

So... no need for a celebration; just a pause to be thankful for the friends one has made, and to look back, first to 2006:



and then recently, in 2008:


If nothing else, it takes one above the fray and away from the endless cacophony of complaints and reminds one of just how far SL has come (thanks, Linden Lab), not to mention graphics cards (I think I still had an MX 4400 in 2006, and now I have a 8600).

No comments: