Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Butterfly Morning


I've not been sleeping well lately, so yesterday morning when Mordecai asked me whether I had time to go somewhere, I almost said no. What a mistake that would have been!

We went to La Promenade des Papillions [sic, and apologies to all Francophones reading this]. It's a beautiful seaside walkway ending in a circular area surrounded by benches with spots at which one can dance. In accordance with the name (papillon is French for "butterfly"), all the poseballs and dance balls are in the shape of red and blue butterflies! We couldn't resist, and soon Mordecai and I were oblivious to all but each other and the glorious music of Albéniz ("Asturias" from the Suite Española).

The poseballs are romantic and tasteful; go there with someone special. (Next time, we'll visit the lighthouse just offshore!)

1 comment:

Mordecai Scaggs said...

Ah, beloved, as ever your gift for conciseness and distillation makes this post knock my parallel one into a cocked hat! Where I use twenty words, you use one, and the end result is so much more precious. Whilst I hate to think of you not sleeping well, I would have hated even more to have missed this morning with you.