Monday, February 18, 2008

Blue jaunte

Alfred Bester's classic The Stars My Destination posits that people can learn to teleport, or "jaunte", from place to place... and there's the notion of a "blue jaunte", a suicidal teleport from an unknown location.

The last couple of times I've been on SL bring this to mind, because a significant fraction of the time when I teleport I get logged out of the grid, which is very frustrating to me and to anyone I'm chatting with at the time.

I hope things improve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's been happening to me a lot too, especially when I try to TP to my home location. For some reason that seems to be the worst. I've been studying my crash logs bug I can't really see anything (that I can figure out).

Anonymous said...

The name Alfred Bester always makes me think of the Psi Cop from the superb "Babylon 5" lol

That's what has happened to me those times when it went wrong when I tried to use your tp invites.